- Posted by Preferred Events
- On October 5, 2016
- 0 Comments
It’s easy to say “Happy Stress Awareness Day” without giving much thought to actually being aware of stress and how to reduce it!
The events industry can be one of ebb and flow leading to much higher stress levels during certain convention months that are jammed packed with programs and events. We often find ourselves working six to seven or more days straight in order to keep up with the demand during those highly saturated times.
Our amazing team here at Preferred Events is more than eager and willing to work 24-7 if need be to provide the highest level of service to our clients but can leave them drained, sick and foggy by the end of the stretch.
We stress the importance of Life Work Balance at Preferred Events and have included some practices we implement within our company as well as personally to reduce and/or eliminate stress.
- Spa Days
- Taking a walk
- Go hiking
- Meditation / breathing exercises
- Talking to friends / loved ones
- Diffuse essential oils
- Playing with and snuggle our pets
- Surround ourselves with positive people
- Spend time with loved ones disconnected from our phones and social media
- Unlimited vacation and personal days
- Work from home/remote locations
- Come in to work late/Go home early
In addition to gaining an extra hour of sleep this weekend, we hope that you will implement some of your favorite stress relievers to reduce or eliminate the stress in your life!